Thursday, October 09, 2008

Were'd Fall Go???

I tell you we had one week that really seemed like fall and now the weather man says SNOW!!! Geez, guess I better go pick the rest of those green tomatoes and get them pickled. Phil and I don't care for fried green tomatoes so that's out. But pickled they are to die for! Those and maybe I'll make a relish out of those zucchini I found as big as my thigh. UGH! Tonight I'm making a vegan or vegetarian at least lasagna. I just haven't found a decent cheese replacement in this town so I will stick to just regular cheese for that part. Though I did make the tofu recotta myself.
Any ways I'm going to leave the acorn squash and the butternut squash just a little longer on the vine. So long as it doesn't snow till Saturday afternoon they should be fine. Then I'll have to bring them inside to finish ripening on the counter. Next year we are going to have a waaaay bigger garden though. So much for summer and fall, I guess winter is here!

No comments: